Q: Is it possible to have an African American woman waist-length hair without extensions? I tried, I grow and it remains to shoulder length, every black woman I know it just seems so long before it stops growing. If possible, how can I matter of going natural, waist-length hair?
A: I understand your desire for long hair, but I fear that the troubles are growing, the hair is genetically determined. Some people's hair grow to a certain length and stops. It has the length of the hair growth phase, to do for each individual hair follicle. The average growth rate of a hair follicle cycle lasts three to five years, but can be as short as 2 years or as long as 10 years in rare cases. After the growth phase in the hair a rest period, then shed a phase, then the cycle repeats itself and starts over.
The duration of the growth phase determines how long hair can potentially get. Since hair grows an average of only ½-inch per month, waist-length hair at least six years of growth (on the ¼-inch trim every six weeks) would. This does not take into account factors such as environmental damage and damage caused by styling and brushing. Therefore, if your hair growth cycle is only 2 years long, you will never waist-length hair.
There are things you can maximize your hair growth. Regular conditioning to keep hair moisture and protects against damage styling is vital. You should think twice monthly low air-conditioning treatments. In addition, to help prevent a sleeping satin or silk pillow case or nightcap, roughing up the hair and sleep while you potential break. Essentially, keep in mind that your hair quite vulnerable to environmental damage. Longer lengths can be damaged by wind, long exposure to the sun, chlorine in swimming pools, and many other factors.
You should also consider a dietary supplement with vitamin E, vitamin A, vitamin C and is sure to be plenty of protein in your diet. All this will help the hair that you grow to be healthier and stronger. You must be sure that your hair cut, as it split ends, remove that grows uncontrollably further split the left and can lead to a substantial loss of length.
I wish you the best in your efforts to grow long hair. With luck, your growth cycle is sufficient for the waist-length hair you want to enable.
No comments:
Post a Comment